The first being something that appeared briefly on here but needs a bit of panning out. On 16 February it was Daif's birthday and in true 'Daif's Birthday' style we did fancy dress pub golf around the pubs of Formby Town. The theme was 1980s so Stuoobs and I opted for 80s Rockers, looking to emulate in particular Vince Neil from Motley Crue. Those of you who are uneducated in the ways of the Crue, Vince Neil looked a bit like this in his hey day...

We tried our best and I'll be honest that I think Stuart came out a little bit better following the help from Pezza with his eyeliner and lipstick. Forget Motley Crue, I think I'd stand more of a chance auditioning for Heart or Bananarama.

However, we were paired up randomly for the pub golf and I drew Caroline. Between us we managed to neck every drink in every bar in one gulp which we thought would be good enough to take the trophy however the teams of Stuoobs & Martin and Matty & Rach were equally on form to have a three way tie for first place. We ended up in Shorrocks where my memory starts to fail me however I do remember me and Stuoobs being on stage in Shorrocks with our inflatable guitars genuinely believing we were rock gods.
Right, next. For my birthday Pezza and Stuoobs conspired to get me a decent present. All I knew was to keep the day of my birthday completely free. We ended up at Liverpool airport for a flying experience. With absolutely no prior experience behind the controls of an aeroplane I thought it would be me sat there whilst some Chesney took me for a whirl. The blurb in the Virgin Gift Pack said there would be a 30 minute or so safety briefing and pep talk. This was a little bit shorter and consisted of the chap simply saying, "Come on then, let's go."
He fiddled with a few switches and knobs and taught me how to taxy to the runway, once there he simply said, "Pull that and when that needle gets to there pull back on the control." Before I know it we were in the air and he had done nothing!
He took control briefly in order to show me how to manoeuvre an aeroplane on order to make me feel sick but he was good enough to let me choose where to go. I decided a fly over home would be a good plan before heading towards the coast, over Southport and then back to Liverpool. He let me have a stab at landing but he took the secondary controls before I had a chance to turn the thing into a fireball.


And then there was Jeremy. Thanks to Rachel Almond we got tickets to go and see the show summed up by Big Dave as, "Poor people fighting or fat people crying."

Here's us front middle. We don't know when it's going to air yet but I'll let you know when you can see me, Pezza, Stuoobs, Matty and Mrs Teage on daytime's finest!

Andy
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment